Monday, September 21, 2009

Football weekend leads to Monday Mourning

My football weekend began Sat morning at Cross Corner Bar in Brentwood to watch the first half of the Penn State game. If you know me, you know I could care less about Penn State but Rich loves them so I must fake some interest. And Cross Corner is a Penn State Bar and probably the only place in Nashville that cares about PENN STATE (sorry Rich). You are in Big Orange country!

Then we went to Nicki's to watch Isabelle and the UT/ Florida game. To which I must say I joined the pessimistic pattys and expected this to be an UGLY game. I was scared. After the UCLA game I was extremely nervous!
But NO - my good ol' boys in Orange held them to only a ten point win (people were predicting 40+ point win for FL) Not too shabby, they put up a good fight and put some fear in ol Tebow who I can now say - I am SO GLAD we don't have to play against him anymore. Good luck in the NFL *cough* Cough*

When Eric Berry caught the interception - Isabelle yelled GO VOLS unprompted! I am so proud - and I have to say I really love her pigtails!! I've gotta get her some orange bows!

On Sunday we had my football day! Yes, sorry I have to admit I love the NFL more. While I was raised a UT fan from birth (and I still AM)- my heart truly belongs to the TITANS. Maybe it's because they are here in Nashville and I can go to as many home games as I want. Either way - I love football! I also love 2 tickets for $20 on the fifty yard line!



















and Rich loves for me to take his picture. He actually thinks I am a big dork :)

2 comments:

~Katie said...

Ha. I love Cross Corner. In fact I worked there for a while lots of years back. It's a small world. GO DORES! :)

Suburban Turmoil said...

There's a Penn State home bar in Nashville? Who knew?! Well besides you, I mean.

I admire your love for football. Wish I had it. My husband probably does too. :D He's a USC fanatic (Southern California, not South Carolina!)