Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's a little bit funny... this feeling inside... it's not one of those










Sat night I went to the Billy Joel - Elton John FACE TO FACE Concert. It was AMAZING! And the second time I have seen them perform together (first time was in 2001).
The pictures are not awesome because they are from my phone.










These 2 (above) are the two pianos facing each other

They started the show together and played together for about 30 min; then Elton John played for an hour and ten minutes; Billy Joel played for an hour and ten minutes; then they played together for an hour and a half - 4 straight hours - no intermission!

Sir Elton John:











They Played: Your Song - Just the way you Are- Don't let the Sun go down - I'm Alright - Saturday Night's alright for fightin - Burn Down the Mission - Tiny Dancer - Yellow Brick Road - Daniel - Rocket Man - Still Standing - Crockadile Rock - Allentown - Zanzibar - Don't ask me why - She's always a woman - Scenes from an italian restaurant - River of Dreams - Good Love (with Felix Cavaliere) We didn't start the fire - Still Rock and Roll to me - Good Die young - I guess that's why they call it the blues - Uptown girl - The Bitch is back - You may be right - Bennie and the Jets - then they did two Beatles songs - Back in the USSR and the Birthday Song and finished with Candle in the Wind and then .....

PIANO MAN (DUH)


Billy Joel bowing to Elton John (left)







Billy Joel playing We Didn't Start the Fire






Billy Joel with Harmonica singing Piano Man

It was awesome!!!!!!!

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE ELTON JOHN/ BILLY JOEL SONGS?

1 comment:

Rhonda @ home.made. said...

I am sooooo jealous! I listen to my Billy Joel box set all the time! *sigh* Lucky girl--