101 Things about Me
1. I love all shades of the color blue.
2. All my life I have been raised as the oldest of 3 kids - but technically I have 3 older 1/2 brothers and now a younger stepsister. I am in the direct middle of 7.
3. I love ice cream and chocolate fudge - not necessarily together - but that's not a bad idea!
4. I was born on April 12, 2 weeks late, in Asheville, NC.
5. When I was little I would convince my sister that my feet smelled like strawberries and when she would sniff and say "no they don't" I would tell her they were like 'scratch & sniff' stickers and to try again - and she would!
6. I always wanted to play with my sister's Ice Capades Barbie and she would never share it.
7. I am moving this weekend into what will be my 15th home in 25 years - and I hate moving!
8. Before I die I want to have seen all 50 states.
9. I have a list of movies that I want to see.
10. I love Gone With the Wind.
11. My mom taught me how to read when I was 4 and I have LOVED reading ever since.
12. I can be a little stubborn. (ok a lot!)
13. I didn't like my best friend, Jamie when I first met her. But we have been friends now since we were 12.
14. I am more like my mom than I care to admit - and I will admit to a good deal - my dad used to swear I was cloned.
15. He also would call me "Little Michelle."
16. My dad died on my Mom's birthday 3 months before I turned 17 - January 4, 2000.
17. I was never just a "daddy's girl" or "mama's girl" I was always both.
18. My dad used to tell me and my sister all the time that he "loved us more than a pig loves slop." -- and you know how much a pig loves slop.
19. My life is not my own - I have given it to God.
20. When I try to "take it back" things don't work out so well, his plan is obviously better than mine.
21. I love lions - because my dad did.
22. On March 29, 2002 - a very special girl entered my life - Addison McKenzie Reece.
23. I love her as if she were my own - (she's not).
24. Addison named me Bebe when she was like 10 months old - It has stuck for the past 5 years.
25. My mom loves Addison as much as I do.
26. I have never had surgery, stitches or broken a bone.
27. Except for my pinky toe - and that REALLY hurt!
28. I have a political science degree with a pre-law emphasis from MTSU.
29. I went to Jackson State for my 1st 2 years of college.
30. My mom remarried a few years ago - to a great man who has the same name as my Dad.
31. That sounds strange but apparently it is fairly common in my family - I have several family members that remarried someone of the same name as their ex.
32. When my uncle remarried a Debbie - to distinguish - the ex aunt became the "bad Debbie."
33. I have another Uncle who is an alchoholic and possibly one of the SMARTEST people I have ever met - so sad...
34. My sister and my cousin had baby girls 2 weeks apart last August - Ava Grace & Isabelle Marie - and they are BEAUTIFUL!!
35. They were the first babies born in 16 years in my family.
36. My best friend had a little boy in February - named Brady - such a handsome lil guy!
37. This year 07-08 I knew 12 pregnant women.
38. I think myspace & facebook are a great way to keep up with friends!
39. My mom's best friend Lisa is my "other-other mother."
40. I have always said other-other because when I was growing up I always thought of my mom's sister as my other mother.
41. My aunt passed away when I was 15.
42. Her daughters (my cousins) and me and my sister all grew up together.
43. Some of my best childhood memories are from their swimming pool, their trampoline, or climbing their tree.
44. I am 1/4 Canadian - my grandma is from Newfoundland.
45. For the record: Newfie jokes aren't as funny as Polock jokes!
46. I love the TV Show Friends.
47. I own all 10 seasons.
48. I still laugh really hard and out loud even if I am alone watching Friends.
49. I like to start Christmas shopping early and I am still never done by Christmas Eve.
50. I have a small caffeine addiction - I NEED my coffee.
51. I'm very independent.
52. My family means the WORLD to me.
53. I love to sing along to songs - I never just listen to music.
54. I have learned that life is short and precious and once each day is gone you can't get it back.
55. I Love to take pictures - fairly obsessively!
56. I love Disney Movies - Little Mermaid, Lion King & Beauty and the Beast are my favorites!
57. Disney Soundtracks have great music!!
58. I cry like a baby when watching sad movies.
59. I love flowers - star- gaizer lilies and yellow and pink tipped roses are my favorite!
60. I believe the elderly are amazing and overlooked - which is such a tragedy.
61. My dad's mother - Mammy was one of the greatest Christian women I have ever met!
62. I love love love to travel! Especially to the beach or on a cruise!
63. I hit the snooze button many times before rolling out of bed.
64. I am not the best budgeter - but I am getting better.
65. My room is typically a little messy!
66. I want to backpack in Europe someday.
67. I love to scrapbook but have no time!!
68. I have no time because I work full time at a law firm, going to law school full time and have lots of babies, family and friends to see. And a still try to make time for my boyfriend :)
69. I love football! NFL - the most I love the Titans & Packers. I also love the TN Vols.
70. I almost cried when Brett Farve retired.
71. I love talking football with "the guys."
72. I love it more when I know more than "the guys."
73. I want to learn how to play golf now and that makes me sad because my dad begged to teach me when I was younger. I could have had lessons and my own clubs :(
74. I am a huge procrastinator - and I hate that!
75. I live for the summer time! If winter disappeared I don't think I would miss it.
76. I believe in the power of prayer!
77. I don't think you should be allowed to vote or to have kids with out passing some sort of certification tests.
78. I'm serious! Kids are the awesomest things and nothing hurts me more to see than parents who don't treat their kids right and treasure them!
79. I LOVE kids. If I could afford it I would have 15. well maybe not that many...
80. I hate getting my pants leg wet or getting my socks wet.
81. Sushi has become one of my favorite foods!
82. I would rather wear tennis shoes or flip flops than heels.
83. My friend Zea says this is because I have never owned expensive heels.
84. I want a puppy - but I want it to stay small and cute and puppy-like and be born house broken and not chew on things. I think I should probably just get another fish.
85. I'm ready to own my own house - but I know I probably won't til I am done with law school - I hate renting.
86. I think it is so cool that Ava & Isabelle (my nieces) are only 2 weeks apart.
87. If I won the lottery and didn't have to work - I would definitely do volunteer work.
88. I have a wide variety of taste in music from casting crowns - elton john - billy joel - to disney soundtracks, aerosmith - to reba mcentire.
89. I love Reba - she is my ALL time favorite!
90. I collect shot glasses.
91. The name Brittany fits me - I have never wanted to change it.
92. My family members are my best friends and my best friends are family.
93. My week is better after Monday nite Bible Study with the girls!
94. Law school is harder than I had imagined. It is so interesting - I actually enjoy most of it. Contract law - NOT so much - even though that is the area of law that I am currently working in.
95. I think kids say the cutest things - I can't wait to have my own kids and keep detailed baby books of all the things they did or said.
96. My family has the best home videos!!
97. We are a FUN dysFUNctional family - it's ok we embrace our disfunction!
98. I love God.
99. I love to be outside.
100. I love good quotes - I collect them.
101. I love my crazy life!